Upward Bound South
- Generate in program participants the skills and motivation necessary to complete a program of secondary education.
- Prepare eligible high school students fro programs of postsecondary education.
- Place emphasis on skills and motivation, high school graduation, entrance into and completion of postsecondary education so that "no student is left behind."
Ninth, tenth, and eleventh-graders are eligible to apply.
- Instruction/Tutorial in:
- Literature and Composition
- Laboratory Science
- Foreign Language
- Social Studies
- Academic, financial aid, personal, group, and peer counseling
- ACT/SAT Prep, Study Skills, Test-taking techniques and strategies
- Tutorial Assistance
- Cultural Activities
- Monthly Stipend
- Bridge Program (assistance with tuition at Southern University at Shreveport)
September - May: Saturdays 8:15 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
June - July: Monday-Thursday 8:15 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Target Area Schools: