Deferred Payment Plans
Students in good financial standing at Southern University at Shreveport may request to defer 70% of their tuition, fees and housing for fall and spring semesters. All deferments/promissory notes are processed electronically and must be completed online through your Banner Student Account. Late fees or books cannot be paid through a deferred payment plan.
If you meet the requirements above, please complete the steps below to finalize your registration.
- At the time of service, a minimum qualified 30% down payment of tuition, fees, housing and meal plan must be paid.
- Any outstanding prior term balances exceeding $200 must be paid in full before enrolling in a deferred payment plan.
- To include financial aid and/or student loans in the down payment calculation, all aid must be processed/authorized by SUSLA’s financial aid department before a deferment can be processed electronically.
Finalize/Confirm Registration Instructions:
- Click Student Information, Grade, and Financial Aid
- Click Finalize/Confirm Registration
- Click Select Term and choose the term you are enrolling (ex: “Fall 2017”)
- Click Submit
- Scroll to the bottom of page: Select SIGN PROMISSORY NOTE
If your account doesn’t qualify for the down payment, the system will calculate how much you need to pay to complete a promissory note. Once you have processed your payment, continue with the steps below.
- Enter PIN (same as log in password), First and Last Name exactly as shown in Banner
- Click Accept
- Click Get Fee Sheet
- Click the Print icon (You will need a copy of your fee sheet to take your SUSLA ID)